Metropolitan Community Church Good
Shepherd Western Sydney Inc.
Code of Conduct
MCC Good Shepherd Western Sydney seeks to provide a SAFE and SACRED SPACE where ALL can come and WORSHIP. Inappropriate behaviour or Harassment of any individual or group will not be tolerated at MCC Good Shepherd Western Sydney.
Harassment is unwelcome or unreciprocated behaviour which makes a person feel intimated, offended or belittled. Anyone can be harassed, including people of any age, race, women or men. Harassment is often about one person or a group of people using power inappropriately over another person or persons, or a group of people.
Each of the following kinds of behaviour may be deemed as harassment or inappropriate and are not welcome in our church community:
1. Circulating, displaying written or pictorial material that is offensive or belittling of persons.
2. Verbal abuse or comments that put down or stereotype persons.
3. Offensive jokes based on sex, race, creed, colour, age, or sexual orientation.
4. Gestures that are offensive or insulting.
5. Staring or leering in a sexual manner.
6. Sexual or physical contact, such as slapping, or inappropriate kissing or touching or hugging.
7. Intrusive questions about personal sexual activity.
8. Sexual assault - a crime that will be immediately reported to the police.
9. Repeated sexual invitations when the person invited has refused similar invitations before.
10. Refusing to follow the reasonable directions of the Pastor, those in the ministry of authority or at least two Members of the Board of Directors.
11. Insensitive or inappropriate behaviour, or use of a mobile phone, tablet or media device during the church service.